Image Map

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Because Laundry Can Wait.

My house is so incredibly messy.

I know we're supposed to put our best face forward in blogland, where other people will read about our lives, but my house is really, really messy.

I have craft stuff from my shop sprawled out in at least three rooms, there are at least three loads of dishes waiting to be done, and I really, really need to do laundry.

But sometimes it's important to know the difference between what you need to do...and what you need to do.  Yes, I need to do laundry.  Dishes.  Vacuum.  But I need to curl up with my pups and drink a cup of tea.  To have a glass of wine with my husband and ask him how his day was.  To ignore the laundry and dishes and mess and just watch a movie together instead.  Really, if my life were over tomorrow, would I regret not doing the laundry?  No.  But I might regret not spending enough time doing the things that really mattered.

So today, I'll enjoy how good this life is.  I'll remember how amazing it is to be married to your best friend.  I'll recall how good it feels to get lost in a book.  I'll remind myself how happy my little fox makes me.  I'll enjoy the day to day.  The little things, and the big things too.

Because laundry can wait.



Check out this month's featured sponsor:

27 comments:

  1. This is so true. I have come to this exact same realization this past month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are preaching to the choir, I couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laundry can totally wait- just shove that ish in a closet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, girl! I think there's nothing wrong with a little extra waiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is kind of my mantra about ALL things chore-related lol. I'm much more of a tumble weed who floats through the day and cleans in the 10 minutes before my husband gets home ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes!!! I love this! It is so important to focus on what IS important and what can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen! I love that and could not agree more!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true! But when laundry waits it becomes all the more overwhelming! My hubby is out of town and tonight I will do three more loads of laundry (and I have already done 4!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very true! Laundry, dishes, cleaning will always be there tomorrow. Spending time with loved ones is so much more important!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awe I love this! I've had two snow days this week and was all "omg I can be SO productive. Let's conquer all of the goals at once!" and then realized I should just enjoy this gift of a day with my husband and doggie on the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a great reminder! and i must say, your dog is too cute. we call ours our little white fox {he is 14 pounds} and i totally agree that spending time with him, my boyfriend, and enjoying life's little pleasures is much more important than always having everything perfect. love your blog btw :)

    Molly {Dreams in HD}
    http://www.dreamsinhd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amen to all of this! Love it, great reminder that sometimes the little stuff can wait. Who care if laundry is piling up, dishes need to be done, and the house is a mess? Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amen! You are so right. The past two nights I've spent curled up on the couch with the hubby. I started to feel guilty about it, then decided everything else can wait. The most important thing is time spent with him - because there's not nearly enough to go around these days! Hope you have a relaxing day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for your honesty-- I think we can all admit that our homes aren't as clean as we'd like. But I'd choose spending the little time I have outside of work to be together with my husband over doing a few loads of laundry!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Exactly. Enjoy life as it comes and let the others things fall into place as they see fit, tonight... I choose love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the way you think! I hope you enjoy your day!

    Ashley, Married to the Game

    ReplyDelete
  17. such a great reminder!!! some things can just wait!!

    p.s. your little fox is so cute!!! what kind of dog?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your precious dog!! And the honesty :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Right there with you. Hope your day is full of relaxation and free of worry!

    ReplyDelete
  20. bestttt post ever - YES! laundry so can wait. another day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I completely agree that it's so important to push jobs aside and just enjoy the little things sometimes. Unfortunately, I get stressed out by mess so I struggle sometimes! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are so right! Sometimes it's okay to just breathe.
    xx Lexi, Glitter, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  23. AWW such cute pic! And you are SO right!
    I'm your new follower on Bloglovin! Hope you'll follow me back! ♥

    xx
    Nathalie

    http://www.nathalie-kemna.nl

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this - it's so true about needs and prioritizing them...some things can wait and others need to be immediately enjoyed!!

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.