Image Map

Monday, May 2, 2016

Spending Your May: A To-Do List for Adventuring Through the Month.


Happy May! I am so excited about this month. We've got a vacation, Chris' graduation, and it's the start of Jack's first summer!

There are 31 days this month, so let's make them count. As always, I have a few ideas on how you should spend those days!

1. Perfect your iced coffee making skills.

2. Plan a trip to the beach. No summer should pass without a trip to the beach!

3. Make homemade sushi. 

4. Make a summer reading list. 

5. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Quesoquesoqueso!

6. Thank a teacher. Teacher's appreciation week is a thing, but when's the last time you said thank you to a teacher you know?

7. Tackle as many of the not-so-fun to-dos you have in one day as possible. 

8. Celebrate Mother's Day.

9. Make your outdoor area somewhere you like to be. Whether you have an entire backyard or a tiny balcony, clean it up and spend some more time out there.

10. Play mini golf.

11. DIY a cheaper version of something you've had your eye on. An art piece or a home update...you'd be surprised at how many things you can copy for less money. Plus, it's fun!

12. Write down the three biggest goals you have at the moment and hang them somewhere you can see them every day.

13. Plan a quick vacation. This can mean taking a week off and going to another city, or just turning your phone off on a Saturday and doing fun things around your town.

14. Evaluate what you'd like to do before this decade of your life is over.
20's? 40's? 60's? What do you want to have done when that first number flips over again? Do your decade justice.

15. Make grilled pizza. 

16. Stop on the way home from work and pick up the supplies for a project you've been meaning to do. Hello, Home Depot!

17. Learn something useful. Like how to do CPR or how to change a tire.

18. Make a summer bucket list. 

19. Go to a flea market. Or antique shopping!

20. Write someone a thank you note.

21. Read an entire book. Make yourself actually finish it.

22. Put together a first aid kit to keep in your car.

23. Learn how to bake an apple pie. If you start now, you can perfect it by the 4th of July!

24. Plan a road trip. Anywhere is acceptable, as long as there is good music and good snacks involved.

25. Experiment with making different iced teas. 

26. Go stargazing. It's a summer cliche for a reason!

27. Print a few of the 10,000 pictures you have on your phone. Download the Shutterfly app, they're always running free print specials.

28. Buy or make someone a gift without having a special occasion to do so. 

29. Remember you favorite thing about summer as a kid. Make time to do that before September rolls around.

30. Have an 80's movie marathon.

31. Make a list of all the places you can get to on one tank of gas. When you have a free afternoon, look at your list!

How will you be spending your May?
 photo signature.png

33 comments:

  1. I love your monthly to do lists! This one has some great summer things on it... like perfecting that apple pie recipe so it's ready to go for the 4th :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the decade idea! There's a lot more I want to accomplish in my 20's and making a list would really help put those items into motion. Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a fun list!! I'm all about relaxation and baby prep this month, but I'll still try to sneak a few of these in ;) I actually ordered a photobook AND some free prints from Shutterfly over the weekend- can't wait to get them in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great list! It's SO hard to get anywhere in Los Angeles on one tank of gas, but I think it sounds like a fun challenge that I'm going to have to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so fun!! can't wait to do some of these things! i made homemade sushi- loved it. and the grilling pizza sounds awesome. and i literally have over 5,000 photos on my phone {so yes to this!!}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes to all the queso this week! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome list! This is a great idea to step out of a routine. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was literally watching someone's snapchat over the weekend as they made sushi, and now I want to learn to make myself - so I love that this is on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are always so awesome to read! Thanks for the ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I make some BOMB iced coffee, yes yes yes to that. I like the "see where you can go on a tank of gas" one...that sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes to the beach, yes to homemade sushi, yes to turning off the phone once or twice, and YES to see where you can go on a tank of gas! Really yes to them all. Kicking off summer in the best possible ways!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So excited for May! I love the sunshine and all of the lovely outdoor activities!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stargazing is something I do just about every clear night! Homemade sushi is something I haven't done in forever and that sounds so amazing!!! We have had our beach trip planned since before Christmas hahaha! Love your list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was just thinking about how I need to learn how to make my own iced coffee. If you've perfected this skill, I'd love to know your secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay #1 adore the fonts in your graphic...so pretty! #2, I agree with perfecting iced coffee skills. I've been working on it the last few weeks! Annnnnd this reminded me of the time my husband and I attempted to make homemade sushi and failed EPICALLY. I guess it's time to try again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really need to perfect my iced coffee making skills! I'm actually going to give that a try this weekend. And yes to queso! Gimme ALL the queso! We played mini golf this weekend and I already can't wait to play again! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love a good road trip, and I definitely need to work on my iced coffee skills! Have a wonderful vacation and the best May ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a great May ahead of you! These are all great ideas. PS – I love the bus in your graphic. I dream of owning one some day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm planning my cinco de mayo stuff as we speak!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yesss to all the mini golf and grilled pizza! And of course beach days! I'd love to perfect making iced coffee, I can never get it right :-P
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loove these ideas- pinning! A first aid kit for the car is genius. After my latest mishap with a mandoline slicer and taking FOREVER to get to the hospital, I am so serious about first aid kits everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a fun list! I am counting down the days until the weather gets warm enough for some mini golf and stargazing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this! So many great ideas. I def need to perfect my cold brew this month :) it's a summer must-have!

    http://odessadarling.co

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this!
    I'm working on getting my sunroom fixed up all nice and cozy. I will be spending many many days there!

    ReplyDelete
  25. SO many fun goals this month! If you end up perfecting the iced coffee recipe, please please share!! I definitely want to learn how to make the perfect cup/glass at home!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this! Our May is going to be SO busy prepping for our move and figuring out where life is taking us next. I'm mostly excited but a little bit like...OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this to-do list! Stargazing is one of my favorite things to do during the summer on warm, clear nights!

    http://thecourtneydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. your monthly to-lists are some of my favorites. they always make me excited for the month ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fun list!! Number 9, making our outdoor space usable...that's been on my list for forever! Also, if you go to the beach with Jack, let me know how it goes/all your tips. I want to go to the beach but like....is it worth it with a tiny baby?

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are fun ideas to try! I've implemented a couple already, got a few more coming down the pipe. Here's to a wonderful May!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your blog design is sooo cute! I love how colorful it is :) I love #7. I have a LOT of to dos since I moved that I just need to hunker down and do!

    ReplyDelete
  32. SO many great ideas in this post! Going to a flea market is at the top of my list - I've always wanted to go, and I'm always looking for unique pieces for our home. I also would love to get away for a week this summer!

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.