Image Map

Monday, May 30, 2016

The One Big Thing that May Taught Me.


Like most months that come with big events, May taught me a heck of a lot. But-as cheesy and cliché as I am about to sound-I can sum it all up in one lesson. 

May taught me that dreams really do come true.

This month, I got to see the love of my life achieve his lifelong dream of becoming a doctor. It was such a big dream that it always seemed so far away, but it came true. 

This month, our dream of becoming homeowners came true. It seemed like such a lofty dream, but here we are. 

May is the month that so many of my little dreams became reality. My dream of getting to stay in Florida, getting to say goodbye to apartment living, getting to move somewhere that feels like a perfect place to house all my future dreams. 

So often we walk through life just waiting for something bad to happen, just waiting for something to go wrong. WHY do we do that?! 

Sure, I've had my fair share of months that made me want to throw my hands up and scream at the sky-WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS?! This month, though, it's been me looking around in awe and incredulously whispering, "what did I do to deserve this?" 

And yeah, I'm sure that I have many times ahead of me where I'll feel like the entire universe is against me, once again. But when those times come, I hope that I'll go lay in my hammock in my perfect backyard and remind myself of this magical month; remind myself that dreams really do come true, so I need to shake it off, because there's still magic out there to be seen. 

What did May teach you? 
 photo signature.png

18 comments:

  1. This is such a cute post and yes, dreams really do come true. I think when we finally stop and look around and take everything in, we truly realize how incredibly blessed we are. Congrats to you all on all of the milestones in your life right now. Enjoy every blissful moment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute post!! Thank you for the beautiful reminder that dreams come true!
    :) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, congrats! Being a homeowner is a dream of mine! Someday (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you three! What a beautiful, exciting new season of life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to you three being homeowners & getting to live in Gainesville & Chris being a doctor & you being a doctor's wife & little Jack having such great parents! It is such a blessing. Enjoy every millisecond of it! Dreams really do come true & I believe that with all my heart. I have dreams too. They are a few months away, but I know they'll come true. We are so proud of y'all that we can't hardly stand it! Love & miss y'all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it amazing when we have those moments that remind us how beautiful life is? We have so much to be thankful for! Yay for dreams coming true!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so right - WHY do we go through life always wondering what could go wrong? Unfortunately, it seems easier to focus on negative things sometimes than all of the positive things. May treated you guys very well & I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's sounds like May was extremely nice to you! Hopefully things keep going from good to better!

    Congrats on all the achievement!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That photo of the three of you in front of your new house is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are the best times!! I hope it continues on to June!! Congrats on the house!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many great things! How exciting for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys had a fabulous May! You'll always look back on this month & remember the hardwork it took to get here! Hope you have a fabulous summer getting settled into your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so sweet! you definitely had a big month, and it's so nice to see that all your dreams are coming true. Enjoy this time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful month-- love this post! May has been a month of trying to learn to let go of control! With a baby and a move on the way, there are so many things up in the air. I'm just trying to embrace the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have such a way with words, my friend! What a positive, beautiful way to look at the last month! I love that you've blogged your way through it and taken us along the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your dreams coming true! What a month you've had :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This made me smile from ear to ear. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.