Image Map

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving Week!

Even though Thanksgiving is in 8 days, which is technically longer than a week, I'm insanely excited and feel like it's tomorrow.  Just go with it.




My favorite things about Thanksgiving:

Food. 
Let's just go ahead and put this one out there.  Thanksgiving food is the best.  For me, it's a combination of amazing foods that we don't really eat any time other than the holidays.  Every year my family always talks about how we should really eat this type of food more, and every year we never do.  I love it because it makes the day even more exciting.

Thankfulness. 
It's so nice to have a day where you are constantly thinking about all you have in life to be thankful for.  If you're not thankful about on Thanksgiving, there is no hope for you.

Family. 
This is my first Thanksgiving being married, so I cherish being able to sit around the table with family even more so.
{Side note: last year at thanksgiving my dad made me cry at dinner because since I was getting married the next month, I was probably never having thanksgiving with my family ever ever again and this was the last one ever and I should enjoy it because it was never happening again.  Yes, I was incredibly rational, I know.}

The Macy's Day Parade.
Because Christmas can't start until Santa and Mrs. Claus come riding in on their sleigh.

Black Friday Shopping.  
I've only done this for the past few years, but I love it.  I like to go with nothing specific in mind so I can just enjoy the craziness of it all.

And I love love love going to sleep way too late, full of happiness and way too much food, knowing that the morning will bring Christmas music and decorations and peppermint mochas.  Knowing I get to wake up on that day with my husband this year is almost more than I can stand.  Holidays are the BEST.

What are your favorite things about Thanksgiving?

Check out this month's featured sponsor:

5 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving!! I'm so happy it's that time of year again :)

    aclassystateofgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Macy's Day Parade too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never watched the Thanksgiving day parade as an adult {odd, right?!} Reading this suddenly brought back the fun memories of this parade. Thanks to you, I now have a new idea of what I'll be doing Thanksgiving morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Macy's day parade is so cute, and I love having an excuse to watch it with my kids :)

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.