Image Map

Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Thankful Project.


So yesterday I woke up and had coffee and was wondering why in the world I felt so relaxed and not behind in my life at all. 

And then I realized it was because my iphone is broken, so I'm not constantly being made aware of the bajillion emails I have received or the amount of blogs I am behind on or the things I have forgotten to do.   I have to admit, it was a nice little break of feeling on top of things, even if it was totally not real.

Anyway, I blame my lack of technology--I really didn't realize how much I did on my phone instead of the computer--for me not hearing about The Thankful Project from Chasing Happy.  We all know I love a chance to talk about being thankful, so 28 days of thankful prompts is way too good to pass up.  Since it's the third already, I had to squeeze the first three into one post.


November 1st.  A person. 


My husband.

I am so incredibly thankful for my husband.  This past month has been a little rough, and there is no one I would rather have been beside during it all than him.  There are still days when I wake up and cannot believe that we actually got married and live together, even though it's been ten months already. I've had a lot of people tell me that getting married young was a mistake [side note: if this is your opinion, you should probably only tell it to people who aren't married yet.  Otherwise it just gets a little awkward] but when I'm sitting next to the love of my life, drinking coffee and dreaming about the future, I just want to show all of those people my prettiest finger [the one with my wedding ring on it, duh.  What were you thinking?] and tell them they are wrong.  There is nothing better than being partners with someone who loves you and supports your dreams.  There is nothing better than waking up with that person and dreaming out loud about where you'll live next year and when you'll get your first Christmas tree and how you can't wait to get a little puppy.  It's the best.  Just the best.


November 2nd.  A role you've played. 


A big sister.  

I love my little brother more than words could convey.  We've always been best friends and partners in crime.  When we were little, we'd get in trouble together and then talk through the air vents that connected our rooms until whatever storm we had created had blown over.

Though a lot has changed since our air vent days, a lot hasn't.  He is still the funniest person I know.  I still have more fun with him than I have with most people that I know.  I still always want to protect him from everything bad.  And I will still take you down in two seconds flat if you hurt him.  Hell hath no fury.

I am lucky enough to be bff with my little brother, and will always be so, so thankful that I was blessed with the role of being a big sister.

November 3rd.  A place.


Universal. 

This may seem silly, but I am legitimately thankful for Universal.  My dad bought my family season passes four or five years ago for Christmas, and when I moved to Orlando Chris got a pass too.  It's so nice to have somewhere so fun that close that we can go to for free (if you don't count the corn dog that you know I'm gonna get).  It's seriously one of my favorite places in the world.  Especially at Christmas--they do Christmas right. 

I'm so excited for a month to celebrate thankfulness!


5 comments:

  1. I love this.
    Checking out the thankful project now. (:
    Thanks for sharing!

    xo —
    Jenny @ Coffee & Honeycomb

    ReplyDelete
  2. though obviously we should be thankful all year long, i love how this month encourages everyone to refocus. i loved your list, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I love the role one. I love being a big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so in love with this link-up. Chasing Happy is one of my favorite blogs, and I've loved participating so far. I love my role as a big sister too! It really is the best job in the world. I love my little sister so much. And you and your hubby look so adorable together! Such a pretty couple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this. and you. and i'll be keeping up because i'm thankful for you :)

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.