Image Map

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Not-So-Lucky: Monday Morning Chronicles.

I've written before about the funny, awkward moments I tend to attract in life. I have a TON I need to work into a blog post soon. But yesterday, I realized that the last several Mondays, some weird stuff has happened. And I was trying to think about something that had to do with luck since it's St. Patrick's day, but since unlucky is probably more accurate, here I am to tell you about my Monday Morning Chronicles. You're Welcome.

Last month on a Monday morning, I was walking up the stairs in my parking garage. Some dude was in such a hurry that he literally shoved me TO THE GROUND in order to run past me. I feel like it probably goes without saying that he did not apologize, but I feel like it should be noted anyway--he did not apologize for throwing me on the ground. Happy Monday.


Last week, I'm driving to work and I hear someone start screaming. I turn and see that the car next to me is waving their middle fingers at me like they were competing in the middle-finger waving olympics. Apparently they were trying to get over into my lane and I didn't see them, and they were mad about that.

So they threw a cigarette into my car.

Naturally.


Yesterday, I took my dog outside right after I woke up. Thirty minutes and a shower later, I was back outside, leaving for work. A policeman stopped me at the door and told me how much better I looked after I had a cup of coffee. "I mean, what a transformation. Don't stop drinking the stuff."

Thank you?


Mondays are weird. Bring on the weekend.

23 comments:

  1. What crazy Mondays!!! I can't believe someone threw a cigarette in your car?!? What a jerk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?! Sometimes I just don't get people.The cigarette throwing is disgusting. I would have told the policeman it looks like he needs a cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, hahahahahaha! Sorry to laugh, but those people, gah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed out loud at the police officer's comment! What in the world?! That is so weird. I love people who have weird things happen to them. I also feel like a magnet for weird/awkward scenarios. It makes life more interesting though, doesn't it? I mean, your stories are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I cannot believe how incredibly rude some people can be! So sorry you had to deal with that :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I can't believe all of those things actually happened to you. What the heck?! People are I N S A N E

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOD! this is absolutely crazy behavior! mondays suck anyway, but really??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life is so awkward. I feel like some people are literally just magnetic to awkward situations (you're one of them) (and so am I!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's terrible with the guy shoving you! I swear people are crazy nowadays...
    Meg of An Affair of Character

    ReplyDelete
  10. What?! People are so weird sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. There are some rude people out there! I can't believe someone three a cigarette INTO YOUR CAR!!! That is just awrful!!

    I did giggle at your response to all of these those! And the memes were spot on! :)

    Bright side? Mondays are only once week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm still in awe (and not in a good way) over what that policeman said.

    And the other two?

    I think you officially have a reason to stay at home on Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh. All of these are so weird! I hope the cigarette wasn't lit when it went into your car! Also, that policeman has too much time on his hands if he's paying that much attention to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah hahahah. As someone who has weird stuff happen to them all the time, I really appreciate it when it happens to others.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh! I can't believe someone threw a cigarette into your car. I hope it wasn't lit! The other week this van completely cut me off and drove SUPER slow so naturally I honked and went around, and they proceeded to honk their horn at me AND give me the finger. And these were like middle aged women, while I'm in my early 20's. Another time this middle aged guy in one of those huge pick up trucks purposely made it impossible for me to change lanes by constantly speeding up and slowing down. People are crazy!

    Jenny
    fromthedeskofj.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This can't be real life...what is wrong with people?! It makes me sad that people act like that...especially on a Monday...geeez!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I so want this all to be fiction because how on earth do people behave like that? Although the cop is hilarious and also a little creepy. But mostly hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh. My. Word. The behavior of others never ceases to amaze me. Perhaps you should start staying in on Mondays? :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. My mouth was hanging open during this post. I cannot believe people. Seriously WHO DOES THESE THINGS.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can not believe people sometimes, they do the CRAZIEST things!! But I do super enjoy reading things like this haha :)
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
  21. Are you freaking kidding me? The police officer actually SAID that!? Wow, what balls. And how flippin rude.

    Stupid, rude and inconsiderate people can't be fixed. Some people just have zero regard for those around them and frankly anyone but themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ummm what??? every single story is cray. The cigarette, the police the shoving. wtf is wrong with people??

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.