Image Map

Monday, November 30, 2015

Goodbye November, Hello December.



And just like that, Thanksgiving weekend has passed and we're back to real life. Except this month, real life is all about celebrating Christmas. Sure, I have to go back to work today and tackle a long to-do list, but I'm currently drinking peppermint mocha coffee out of a snowman mug (that I got at the dollar store 3 years ago, holllaaaa), listening to Christmas music and staring at my Christmas tree. If that's what real life looks like, I have zero complaints about welcoming December. 

Goodbye, November. 

Goodbye to the coziness of fall.

Goodbye to pumpkin coffee and baking pumpkin everything.

Goodbye to fall decorations-tiny pumpkins and scarecrows and sunflowers.

Goodbye to the beginning of the perfect touch of chill in the air.

Goodbye to Thanksgiving.

Goodbye to the weeks until the baby comes being in the double-digits.

Goodbye to a romantic month of fall dates, pumpkin patch outings, and sweet thanksgiving celebrations.

Goodbye, fall. Goodbye, November. You were one of my favorites yet. 

Hello, December. 

Hello to my favorite month of the entire year.

Hello to all Christmas, everything, all the time.

Hello to being able to count the weeks until the baby comes on. one. hand.

Hello to peppermint mocha taking the place of pumpkin spice.

Hello to Christmas decorations and making my tiny apartment look like a Christmas village.

Hello to drinking coffee by a lit Christmas tree every morning.

Hello to a month full of list making, present shopping, and being sneaky.

Hello to watching every Christmas movie I can get my hands on.

Hello to only listening to Christmas music.

Hello to the last full month of just me & Christopher.

Hello to Christmas parties.

Hello to some of my favorite days of the entire year: Going to see the Christmas parade at Universal & Christmas Eve & Christmas dates!

Hello to living in the moment, to soaking up every moment of magic, to savoring this festive, perfect season.

Hello, December. I sure am glad to see you. 

What are you saying hello and goodbye to this December?

9 comments:

  1. Yay for December! It's my favorite as well. So many exciting things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. December is my favorite month too! So much fun with Christmas festivities, and it is our anniversary this month too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to these posts every month! Yay for all things Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear we blinked and this year flew by! The weeks between Thanksgiving and NYE are my favorite! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hated saying goodbye to fall, but since I'm currently sitting in front of my Christmas tree, I'm realizing it's not SO bad ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Though I am sad the year is almost over, I totally love December. All the Christmas movies and the spirit of the season is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! December for me means the end of the year and less than 30 days before the big move!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peppermint mochas are my favorites, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! Hello December! Bring on the holiday movies and Christmas decor!

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.