Image Map

Thursday, November 5, 2015

30 Weeks: Things I Want to Remember.

Baby got to visit Lake Eerie this week! 

To say that I'm at 30 weeks feels so surreal. On one hand, when I think about the day I found out, it feels like an entire forever has happened since then. But 30 weeks just sounds so serious! Like, this is happening. It's crunch time!

  • This week was so much fun, getting to travel together for residency interviews. Even though he hasn't made his grand entrance yet, it was our first time traveling as a little fam! Getting to see fall colors and have some cooler temperatures was so nice. However....I have no warm maternity clothes. I live in Florida! So I spent a few hours freezing before I just layered everything I had in my suitcase on all at once. I also may or may not have purchased some bedazzled gloves from a CVS, but that's a story for another day. 
  • My baby shower is this weekend, but we got our first gifts this week! It's odd, but actually owning baby things in person makes everything feel more real to me than anything else that's happened up until this point. 
  • I'm so uncomfortable. There's just no way around it. He's gotten so big that he's always squishing or pressing down on or kicking something. I feel so heavy and it's hard to breathe. What's hard about this is realizing that it will just continue until he gets here, because he only gets bigger from here. That's obviously good, but it's rough. Somebody pass the Chick-Fil-A. 
  • On our trip last weekend, somewhere between Cincinnati and Cleveland, we finally settled on a name. Now that he has a name, I feel like I can start to imagine him as a person..so crazy. 


30 weeks down, 10(ish) to go. TEN. Baby Jack, we are so excited to meet you.

21 comments:

  1. LOVE the name!!! Baby Jack, so cute! And sounds like we are both on the uncomfortable bus! Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 weeks, no way?!?!? I swear you just announced :)! What a strong name, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting to have the name and be able to really imagine him joining you. I love the name you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, great name! I was watching E! last night and they were talking about a celebrity who released the name of their baby mid-pregnancy and they were like, "Is that the new thing? I guess she's starting a new trend with announcing the baby's name during pregnancy" lol, why not? Like you said, makes things seem even some surreal now that he has a name :)

    Kaitlyn @ kaitlyn-danielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jack Isaiah is such a sweet name for your little person. You better put up photos after your baby shower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww baby jack! so so sweet! i'm sorry you're so uncomfortable, i took a few deep breaths for you so i hope you felt them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Passing over some Chic Fil A* love the name you picked out, and that it happened on your trip! Oooh and bedazzled gloves are always a good idea <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, I love the name! Can't wait to see sweet photos of Baby Jack in 10 weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a cute name- love the announcement!! now help me name baby monaco ♥ love sharing this with you... and hope your baby shower is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay thirty weeks! and i love that you took a spur of the moment trip. i like to think that steven and i are capable of doing that as well. it makes life so much more adventurous! i'm sorry that you're so uncomfortable. but it must be so exciting to actually have baby items like bottles, toys, and clothes. i hope that and your baby shower overshadow any discomfort! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the name! What fun stories of travel you'll be able to tell him one day! Can't wait to see pics from your shower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the classic name, and bedazzled gloves are always a need ;), I'm so excited for you, it must be surreal to be celebrating your last holidays as a couple before the baby comes! Enjoy the peaceful time and I'm sure he'll be here before you know it! Also have a great baby shower!

    Laura | Laura Aime Vous

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay, Baby Jack! I'm sorry you are uncomfortable...rest when you can. How fun that you could travel together for interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah! 30 weeks! So exciting. That is a beautiful name - I'm glad there are so many wonderful things to remember during your journey :)

    g.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love his name. I am sorry you are so uncomfortable. And also, I hope you have the best bebe shower! hee!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So exciting!! Try and enjoy your baby shower... I wish I could have a redo shower now that I'm not pregnant because I was soooo sick. I couldn't enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm just an hour south of Lake Erie! If you're here in the summer, be sure to check out Put-In-Bay. It's an awesome little island that's a short ferry ride from Port Clinton, OH. And I love that name!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a fantastic name. That sucks that everything is so uncomfortable right now. I hope you find whatever comfort you can until he arrives.

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.