Image Map

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Pumpkin Spice Lattes & Other Great Loves of My Life.

Like most of the country, around the end of September, I fall into a deep love affair with pumpkin spice lattes and, even better, the creamer that makes it taste like I'm having one every morning at home. Now that Thanksgiving is next week (YES, NEXT WEEK. How this has happened, I do not know.), peppermint mochas are on the horizon. Since we're about ten days from all Christmas, everything, I thought I'd write one more post about how magical fall was and how it brought several great loves of my life, not limited to the pumpkin spice latte.


Pumpkin Butter. Hello, heavenly spread. I don't know why I've never bought this before this year, but I'm in love. I've spent the past two months trying to figure out just how many things I can get away with putting this on. The verdict: A lot. (PS: I got my pumpkin butter at Trader Joe's). 

Pumpkin Tea. Being pregnant comes with caffeine limits (unfair, since it also comes with being exhausted), so cup after cup of pumpkin coffee wasn't an option this year. Pumpkin tea, though, is fair game. Plus, it's lighter than coffee and creamer, and still a way to cozy up with a hot drink that smells like fall. 

Apple-smoked Chicken Sausage. The only way you're getting me to try a healthy alternative to anything these days is if it's delicious and requires extremely minimum effort on my part. This meets those requirements...it's delicious, and I can legitimately have dinner made in 8 minutes. That's what winning looks like, friends. 

Marshmallow Pumpkin Latte Lipgloss. Alternatively titled: The shiniest way to taste pumpkin. 

Leggings, Boots, & Oversized Tops. Honestly, I would dress like this all the time if I could. And now that I'm seven months pregnant, I most definitely can. Thank you, little babe, for letting me decide that leggings are pants, even if only for a short time. 

Candles. The fall-scented candles are always my favorite, and I look forward to them all year. But this year, I've been lighting them as soon as I wake up so I can pretend I'm drinking my coffee by a fire place. It's cozy and magical. 

Having a Clean House. Maybe it really is nesting (it's gotta be something, because I am not one to enjoy cleaning), but lately I can't get enough of having everything clean. It's just so much more relaxing to be in an environment that's clean and clutter-free. I know my mom is reading this and cursing the high-school version of myself for never feeling like this. 

What were the great loves of your life this fall?

24 comments:

  1. hahaha. My parents always say WHY WERE YOU NOT NEAT WHEN YOU LIVED WITH US?!?!

    I can't believe next week is Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin butter is unbelievable! Tasted my first at a farmer's market. SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lip gloss sounds amazing! And I picked up my first jar of pumpkin butter at TJ's last week. It tastes like pumpkin pie <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the fall drinks at Starbucks, and was super sad when they were gone November 1st this year! IT'S STILL FALL! I'm still in fall mode, so I'm definitely hoarding pumpkin flavored foods at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all these. Especially pumpkin spice lattes. That lip gloss sounds AH-MAAAZZING. #jealous

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally with you on the leggings and candles. They're some of my favorite parts of fall!

    xoxo
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maternity yoga pants--because eventually, my comfy sweatpants weren't so comfy anymore! I'm also using pregnancy as an excuse to look more casual at work--sorry, not sorry, I'm not going to drop a lot of money on business casual maternity clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes yes leggings and boots! i have a few thicker leggings which are perfect for wearing all weekend hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe next week is Thanksgiving either! And therefore Christmas is right around the corner. I'm all for embracing all this wonderfulness as long as I can. I keep meaning to grab some pumpkin tea to try, maybe it will go on sale after Turkey Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh I love everything pumpkin spice! I'm sad that the pumpkin spice season is almost over! I love the scented candles during this time of the year, they're all so yummy! xx, kenz
    http://sincerelykenz.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the marshmallow pumpkin body lotion and I love it! I am so excited about Christmas, but this year I feel like I'm grieving the end of fall a little.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pumpkin TEA! I had never heard of such a thing! Sounds incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to agree with allll of these things! I wish I was wearing leggings and boots and a sweater right now...and burning a candle and eating pumpkin butter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marshmallow pumpkin latte lipgloss?! What the WHAT?! Sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love leggings and blanket scarves...I just can't get enough. FALL is my absolute favorite, and our wedding was my most favorite love this season!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all these. But I especially agree with the candles and coffee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this post! Annnnnd I definitely clicked on the lipgloss link. I had forgotten how good Bath and Body Works lipglosses are!!!! Thanks for reminding me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never tried pumpkin tea before, which is shocking because I love tea and I love pumpkin! This weekend I'll have to pick some up from the store and try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. why haven't i heard of this lip gloss?! need it. and a PSL!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm SO thankful leggings and oversized tops are in....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Definitely candles! I love burning candles so much, I find it so peaceful and relaxing :)

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.