Image Map

Monday, November 2, 2015

Spending Your November: A To-Do List for Adventuring Through the Month.


Happy November! November is such a magical month because at the beginning of it, we get full-blown fall, and by the end of it, it's time to celebrate Christmas. If that isn't a good month, I don't know what is.

There are 30 amazing days in November, and you get to decide how to spend them. Here are my suggestions:

1. Drink a Caramel Apple Spice Cider.

2. Participate in NaNoWriMo. 

3. Swing by Trader Joe's and pick up some fall goodness. I especially recommend the pumpkin butter, the pumpkin chai latte mix, and the pumpkin roobios tea.

5. Make a list of soups, hot drinks, and other November goodness you want to make. If there was ever a month to make soup for almost every meal, it's November.

6. Practice Thankfulness all month long. It's not just for Thanksgiving!

7. Remember that sometimes, the best part of the holidays is just being. We can get so caught up in making holiday plans and wanting to make sure we get to do everything we love about a certain season, but sometimes the best part is just relaxing, soaking up all the best parts of fall and Thanksgiving.

8. Get a fall picnic blanket. I realize that in some places, it's starting to get too cold for picnics, but here in Florida, we're just hitting prime picnic blanket weather. Even if it's too cold where you are, get a picnic blanket, light some candles, and have an indoor picnic--it's just as fun!

9. Make apple-cider sangria. Perfect for your picnic! Also, please drink a glass for me. I love this baby, but I miss fall drinks.

10. Plan a Thanksgiving date. A thanksgiving celebration for just you and your boo!

11. Plan your Thanksgiving. Are you traveling? Having company? Cooking something? Make your game plan!

12. Take some time for yourself and reflect on everything you're thankful for about 2015. Every November, I sit outside with a cup of pumpkin coffee and my journal, and write down the biggest things I'm thankful for since last Thanksgiving.

13. Watch A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.

14. Light some fall candles in the morning before turning all the lights on. I've been doing this in the mornings while I drink my coffee and it is so cozy. Second best thing to having a fire place!

15. Check your fall list-anything you really wanted to do that didn't happen? Don't pressure yourself to get everything done, but was there something you were really looking forward to that just hasn't happened yet? Do it!

16. Make a list of everyone you need to buy Christmas gifts for. 

17. Pick up a winter candy apple lotion from Bath & Body Works. 

18. Make a Thanksgiving craft. Place cards for Thanksgiving dinner, or a banner that says thankful, or whatever you want!

19. Bundle up and go for a walk. Walks during chilly weather just make you feel alive.

20. Go crazy and really clean your house before the holidays. You'll be so happy you did!

21. Make a list of Black Friday things to be on the lookout for. 

22. Write Thanksgiving letters or cards to the people you love. 

23. Spend an afternoon with your significant other and talk about what you're thankful for. Go to a park or a coffee shop and talk about why you're thankful for each other.

24. Start a Thanksgiving tradition. 

25. Watch the Macy's Day Parade. 

26. Celebrate Thanksgiving! 

27. Watch Elf! My family always watched this Thanksgiving night to celebrate the start of Christmas!

28. Break out the Christmas decorations! The day after Thanksgiving, of course.

29. Get your first red cup of the season! White chocolate peppermint mocha! It's Christmastime, people!

30. Catch up on the sleep you lost over Black Friday by laying in bed, drinking hot chocolate, and watching Christmas movies. Hello, perfect day.

How will you be spending your November?

14 comments:

  1. Apple cider sangria?! How have I never heard of this/made this/sipped on it all season long?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely excited for soup! October it still felt too soon, but now I'm beginning to pull out all my recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you doing Nano? I wasn't going to because of a lot of other stressors and pressures but then realized I have been trying to write the first chapter of my current novel for months and I finally got it on Sunday so maybe now I am doing it? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this list but 10,12, and 22 are three of my favorites! Though I also need to scope out some of the upcoming sales because I haven't done very much holiday shopping yet this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great list, especially practicing thankfulness all month!! :)

    Melissa | So About What I Said

    ReplyDelete
  6. #5 sounds like a dreaammmmmmmm. And 14/18/19 are my jam. Such great tips! I just love anything that helps in the name of cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always feel bad for Thanksgiving, it definitely gets overlooked because of the Christmas craze that everyone gets into after Halloween. I am definitely planning on enjoying my Thanksgiving first before I start to celebrate Christmas, however we do kick off our Christmas holiday after Thanksgiving with mimosas and Elf & Christmas Vacation. Always love your lists!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your monthly lists always inspire me to feel festive for the month. I really want to incorporate the couples thanksgiving idea you mentioned-such a sweet tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i still haven't made a visit to TJ's for fall goodies. I can't wait to finally have a moment to get there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love your monthly lists. I think I bought almost everything at TJ's that had the word pumpkin on it. The harvest blend tea is SO GOOD. I've been drinking 1-2 cups of it a day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. While you're at Trader Joe's, try the pumpkin ice cream too. It's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanksgiving is my husband's favorite holiday. We started hosting dinner at our house 3 or 4 years ago and we really love it. The chaos of the morning, the last minute trip to the store the night before because we always forget at least one thing, everyone gathered at our house...it makes me really thankful just thinking about having everyone here. I love this time of year, makes me realize how blessed and lucky we are. PS- I love your monthly list posts...gives me good ideas. I think I need to make a Thanksgiving craft!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The lighting candles without lights on thing....is totes happening tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Trader Joe's has pumpkin butter?

    BRB.

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.