Image Map

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

I've Never Been so Thankful.

Do you ever have days where you wake up and just feel floored by how incredible life is? Maybe it's not one big thing, or maybe it is, but life is just good? That's where I'm at today.

I have never, ever been so thankful.


I'm thankful for this sweet, sleepy babe who just slipped into our lives like he's always been a part of us. I'm thankful for the awe that I experience when I think about the fact that this little dude is equal parts me and Christopher, when I see him smile, when I hear him chirping like a little bird when he wakes up.


I'm thankful that I'm on this journey with the love of my life. This huge change is taking lots (and lots and lots and lots) of adjusting, and Christopher has been more amazing than I ever could have imagined. I say it again-marry someone who makes a good teammate. I'm also thankful that he truly is my best friend...that all the late nights and time we're spending together is something that is actually enjoyable instead of frustrating and annoying. I'm thankful Jack has two parents who love each other so much.

I'm thankful that we have a family who loves Jack as much as we do. That they'll drive over just to snuggle his chunky little self.

I'm overwhelmed with thankfulness at how unexpectedly beautiful life has turned out to be. At how late nights snuggling a little fox and a little baby and watching The West Wing are turning out to be some of the most beautiful nights of my life. I didn't expect it to be this good already.


Sometimes, life is hard, and you have to try to be thankful. I pride myself on how I wrote honestly about the good and the bad and the hard parts of pregnancy, and I want to keep doing that. Pregnancy was so hard. Recovering from labor is really hard. Having a baby who doesn't sleep more than an hour and a half at a time is really, really hard. Being thankful right now? Not hard at all. Not even a little bit.

Before I'm even fully awake in the mornings, I find the first words that leave my heart and shoot heavenwards are thank you. 

So cheers to celebrating the moments where thankfulness comes easy. Where it flows from every area of life.

What are you thankful for this week?

39 comments:

  1. i love how you're thankful, even for the challenges and changes! SUCH a sweet little boy!!! :) congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your fox gear. And I LOVE The West Wing. And I just love how hopeful and gracious this post is! Motherhood looks really good on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh the cuteness!!! What a wonderful post!! I love how your thankful! I'm thankful for my husband who's birthday was yesterday! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's just so perfect!! So beautifully written! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh!!! He is so beautiful! What a sweet precious little boy. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is seriously so precious girl! I'm glad you guys are totally smitten with him and have slipped into parenting so seamlessly! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  7. We really do have so much to be thankful for, and your son is seriously the cutest! I love that you wake up every morning and say thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so important to remember how wonderful this little baby is even through all the haze that comes from lack of sleep! He's such a little miracle you get to call your own!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am thankful for this post! I literally have tears in my eyes as your description of life with your little one is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That last picture!!! He is so peaceful cuddle up with all his woodland creatures. I am so happy for you both. This is definitely stirring my baby fever! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ugh... the pics have to stop or I'm going to demand my husband gets me pregnant again!!!! Ack!!! He is just so darling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is nothing like a healthy baby to make you thank your lucky stars for everything and everyone. What a sweet blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so sweet! I'm so glad you are in such a great place!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many adorable pics of your little family, and I love that he's fit right in like he's always been here. So sweet <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pictures! What a great post - it always helps to take a minute, step back and look at all the amazing things you have in your life!

    xx, Caitlin
    www.wandererandwolf.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! That is so exciting!

    He is the most precious baby I have ever seen, I can't even stop smiling! I am so happy for you, and I wish you nothing but the best.

    xoxo Lex // LexMeetsWorld

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this. I know exactly what you mean about being so very thankful and having a full heart. Little ones have a way of bringing all the joy forth [even if they may not let you sleep very much]. Enjoy these precious newborn days; they are some of the very sweetest.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful post! I often remind myself that I will miss all these moments when my kids are grown. And I will sleep eventually... But unfortunately, I was not blessed with good sleepers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh my soullll he's the most handsome thing in the WHOLE entire land. i love how you talk about the good, the bad, and are thankful in it all. your heart is a great heart.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love how you always keep it real! Life isn't always wonderful, but, man, is it good when it is! I want to snuggle him so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I meannnnnnn how SWEET is he--I want to come through the screen and snuggle baby Jack! Sometimes when Chuck and I argue I come out of it very thankful- because we work through it and don't ever walk away from one another. We learn something new and while the road isn't always easy- we walk it for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats again! So adorable. Where did you get the mobile (in the last photo)?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulously written! And fabulous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So happy for you. He is absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful baby boy!! Congrats Chelsea!

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh he's SUCH a sweetheart!!!!
    Enjoy this time as much as you can. I remember the first days, it's such an adjustment... and there are some SUPER hard times but also seeing them grow and learn and develop, it takes your breath away. Enjoy

    Confessions of a Frumpy Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awwww! He's adorable. Congratulations! Life as a Mama is truly so sweet. XO

    ReplyDelete
  28. So beautiful, Chelsea! I'm dying over all the Jack cuteness in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so so beautiful. I love how you talk about you and Christopher and how awesome it is to marry your best friend and teammate for times like these. Keep on preaching your honest truth about motherhood (I loved your honesty in your pregnancy post!!) and being thankful! It helps remind us all to be thankful!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I can't get over how precious he is! You all are so wonderfully blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fabulous post, friend! So thankful you are thankful! What a handsome young man.

    ReplyDelete
  32. So lovely! I"m so happy for your little family. The blessing of a baby truly shows how much we have to be thankful for, day after day after day and night after night after SLEEPLESS night. (they do get better. Honestly, they do)

    ReplyDelete
  33. He is so precious!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  34. CONGRATS! he is the sweetest!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  35. He is SOOOOOOOOOOOO Cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on such an amazing baby boy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love his little smile in that first picture! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.