Image Map

Monday, February 9, 2015

10 (More) Lies Every Girl Tells Herself.

See part one here.

1. "Taking an hour out of my day to make a perfectly colorful, numbered to-do list will mean I will get all of these things done." 



2. "I am going to throw these shoes away when I get home. This pain is so terrible, I will remember it and never ever wear them again." 



3. "I need sleep, so I'll be much happier if I snooze my alarm and skip the shower.  I'll be so well rested, it won't even bother me that my hair resembles something from a horror movie."



4. "I'm not gaining weight..I've just been drinking a lot of water. It's water weight." 



5. "I'm so confident, I'm going to go out with no makeup. It won't bother me that you can tell everyone else spent hours getting ready and I'm in yoga pants...no, I know look naturally amazing." 



6. "I will totally not regret getting scammed into buying every product the lady at Sephora used on my face. In fact, it's not a scam. I will use every single one of these every single day and it will be worth every single cent."



7. "If I pay all this money for this gym membership, I will have to use it."



8. "If I buy the obscenely priced meal replacement shakes, they'll actually work as meal replacements and I won't have to keep buying shakes and second lunch." 



9. "The right time to have this giant, potentially relationship-changing conversation is the second it pops into my head. No matter that we haven't eaten all day and are running late--the sooner we talk the better."



And, my most recent favorite...

10. "I can definitely pull off this crop top."


47 comments:

  1. So funny and I could relate to many of them! My version of number is four is 'muscle is heavier than fat, so I'm technically not putting on weight since I started exercising once every ... once in a while'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So easy to relate! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, avoiding number nine has been the secret to my happy marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaha dying laughing at these. I say all these to myself all the time. Accept the shower thing - I always have to shower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha love these! I'm so guilty of number one. I have lots of beautiful to-do lists and nothing else to show for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man. These are all so true!!! And I did that shoe one just last week. Again. I should know better by now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know me, girl! HA! $$$ at Sephora this weekend in particular. "I'm a new mom and I need like 10,000 new things b/c it's been a jillion years since I've spent money on my looks." $60 for a tablespoon of eye cream. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha. Yeah, these are far too true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy 7 - that is me right now! One of these days I'll listen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are absolutely fantastic, thanks for sharing! #1 is definitely my weak point :)
    ~ Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so accurate it's scary! :) I LOL'd to several of them and have def found myself in many of these situations. Great, fun read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so true! I'm guilty of all of those. Minus the crop top, I don't play that game.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HA! I will throw the shoes out though and have many times.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am guilty of every single one of these....especially the Sephora and the Snooze button!!! Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl, check this out. I threw away a ton of shoes today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heh. "I'll fit into those jeans again one day."

    ReplyDelete
  17. #8 YES! I love smoothies but you have to eat something else with them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally hit snooze every morning and skip washing my hair!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this! I am sooooo guilty of #7.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hahaha!!! LOVE!! #9 is my favorite haha ;) Something I need to remember myself!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes! Haha! I tell myself I'll throw out shoes every day. Never happens! I almost tried on a crop top over the weekend. #no

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hahaha, this list is the best! So true. #1 is me, for sure. Love my colored pens and little cute lists... with not a damn thing crossed off, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  23. ha so true. i'm so guilty of hitting snooze and the looking like crap. oops!

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG the meal replacement and the gym membership is too funny! So true!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've fallen into the 1st lie plenty of times.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gym membership one is so true. We just bought a $70 membership at Genesis and the only reason I make myself go is so that money does not go to waste lol. And If my to-do list actually got accomplished and finished in the one day it's supposed to, I feel like I'd be stress free!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I couldn't stop laughing while I was reading this at work today.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love these -- all of them are so true!

    ReplyDelete
  29. HAHA these are all so funny, and SO true! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  30. #9 is pretty much the story of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  31. bahahahahhahah seriously though when did crop tops come back???

    ReplyDelete
  32. On point! We are so bad aren't we!? Definitely guilty of the gym membership lie!

    ReplyDelete
  33. haha this is awesome. I am SO guilty of the to do lists. Color coded sometimes, but usually just on a pretty post it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. haha this is awesome. I am SO guilty of the to do lists. Color coded sometimes, but usually just on a pretty post it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ah ... so true! Thanks for the much needed laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I actually never wear makeup.... BUT. I do talk myself into wearing yoga pants or sweats and then regret that!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hahahahahahahaha. And I love your gif pairings. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  38. ha! i love all of these. i'm the worst offender when it comes to throwing out shoes

    ReplyDelete
  39. These were too good! I'm a big planner and I'd never get anything done if I didn't write things out (and make it pretty of course!). But truly, I end up ignoring it midweek :\ Also, the one about having a relationship-changing convo at the wrong time? Eeep! I feel like I should be embarrassed that I relate to it so much!

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.