Image Map

Friday, February 6, 2015

just write: an empty space.

an empty space poem

there’s an empty space beside me
that only I can see. 
it’s shaped just like you
and you’re staring back at me. 

sometimes as people pass me
I can feel their stares
as I reach out to take your hand, 
to be met with empty air. 

though I can feel you staring back, 
it seems only I can see. 
and when I reach out to take your hand, 
you’re empty, just like me. 

I know that you’ve been gone awhile,
and there’s nothing I can do.
but I keep reaching and it proves

I’m empty, just like you.

14 comments:

  1. The English teacher in me LOVES that you are a good writer and that you do it because you enjoy it. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one. I think we all have that person who is gone and makes us feel a little empty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, heartbreakingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. You are such a beautiful writer Chelsea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Empty space, love it! I agree with Helene I can hear a song, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you ever write music? There is such melody to your prose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this and agree with the above comment, you should write a song xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this so much!! You WOULD be great at writing song lyrics :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this, I want to be like you when I grow up!

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.