Image Map

Monday, February 23, 2015

just write: where the dream lives.


your future isn’t shaped 
in the big moments;
the pristine and pretty ones
where you’re surrounded by
people you love. 
your future is shaped 
in the ugly moments. 
when you’re tired
and alone
and surrounded by doubt. 
and you have to make a decision 
for yourself. 
the dream is often alive 
in the spaces between the trying. 
in the pauses, 
in the silence, 
in the deep breaths you take
right before you’re ready to give up,
when deep down, 
you know you’re really just
getting ready 
to get up
and try again.

20 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this!!! And it is so true, your dreams really do lay in the midst of trying and failing and trying again! Such a great reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! SO true and we need to remember this! Thank you! Love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you don't publish your poems, I will for you. Seriously. I need a coffee table book with your work in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, yes, YES! I always feel the bad, crappy, horrible life moments I have had are what make me ME, and I wouldn't change them for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So inspirational and as always beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES. LOVELY. Can't get enough of you and your inspiring words! :] xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! I love your writing and I see you wrote a book. That's awesome, I'm excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Love this! You are seriously so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! You have such a way with words, it's inspiring :)

    Brittany x
    www.livinginjune.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I doubt I could love this any more than I do! Great job, lady! Keep these coming. You're so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful Chelsea, you're so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's tough to remember sometimes, especially when it is so easy to get discouraged in those difficult times. But those moments are often when you have to make important choices!

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.