Image Map

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

just write: the one that they call truth.


I was walking on the sidewalk
when I saw there, in full bloom
a pretty little flower growing,
the one that they call truth.

I plucked it from between the cracks
and carried it with me.
I took it out to show my friends,
so they could also see.

I told one or two about it,
and they told three or four.
as each one changed the story slightly,
the flower wilted more and more

and as I held it in its beauty,
it quickly crumbled into sand.
for even something as pure as truth
cannot last in human hands.

14 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful :) You have so much talent! I love it!
    ~ Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know where you draw inspiration? you always write with so much light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your talent...woman. I can't even handle it. You are seriously gifted. Beautiful. BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so amazing and so....true! Just beautiful! If only I had half your talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this! so talented, girl!

    cheshirekatblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blown away Chelsea, this is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unbelievable! I'm so happy you share your talent with the world. Never, ever stop sharing.

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.