Image Map

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

A Christmas Light Scavenger Hunt.


One of my favorite things about Christmas is seeing the decorations everywhere I go. It's so much fun to see how some people decorate simply, some go all out, and some opt-out completely. I love walking around the mall and seeing the giant decorations, or driving down a street to see every single house lit up. It's just so festive!

I'm so excited to one day have our own house that we can decorate for Christmas, but until then, I make it a point to make a little date out of going for a drive and looking at all the houses around us. If you do something similar, but want to change it up a bit this year, grab some friends and go on a Christmas light scavenger hunt! Bundle up, grab some hot chocolate (or wine, you know, whatever), and head out for a night full of taking pictures and listening to Christmas music. Bonus points if you dress your dog up and bring him with you--that's my plan. 


Drive around until you find:

A house using only white lights.

A sleigh.

A nativity scene. 

A snow globe.

A snowman. 

Blinking Lights. 

Candy Canes.

Decorations that involve music. 

Decorations that have nothing to do with Christmas (You know, like the house that will decorate their entire yard with Mickey Mouse. Not Christmas Mickey, just Mickey).

Fake snow.

Lights Spelling out a word. 

An elf.

Rudolph and his buddies. 

Rooftop decorations. 

Santa. 

The nutcracker. 

Oversized gift boxes. 

A house where the lights are out.

Are you planning on going to look at Christmas lights this year?

19 comments:

  1. Ok,...I told you yesterday, we love going out to look at lights. We are SO doing this now...how fun, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh sounds fun. I'll see if I can get my family to participate and maybe do a fun Christmas competition. First one to complete their list wins! And you have to take pictures with each item on the list.

    Kaitlyn @ Kaitlyn-Danielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! Going out to see lights is one of my favorite activities and now that I've been so into photography I wanted to make sure to do it this year. Having this neat little scavenger will make it more of a group activity and freshen things up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a super fun idea!!! :) thanks for sharing, i'm going to convince my husband to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like so much fun! I love driving around looking at christmas lights, so maybe we'll switch it up this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute idea! I love driving around looking at all of the lights!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an awesome, fun idea! Borrowing it and definitely doing it! It'll be a fun way to explore Houston, our new city, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like such a fun idea! I'm definitely going to plan a night for the cousins and I to do this! ahah, so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the best idea! Definitely printing this out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Driving around looking at lights was my favorite activity as a kid. This is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute idea! I love driving around looking at lights but never thought to make a game of it! I'll have to give it a try this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun idea!! I already know what street I would start on!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea! Definitely pinning this. We don't have our own place either, so decorating doesn't feel as special. I look forward to the day that we can go all out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea! I have a very large extended family (30!) and we rented a bus to take us around to see all the lights in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so fun! What a cool idea. I've never heard of a Christmas light scavenger hunt before. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh this is an amazing idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. THis is such a great idea…I love looking at lights, it's magical in my opinion and this would make it more fun for my bf who isn't so much about the lights;).

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.