Image Map

Friday, December 11, 2015

Tis the Season: Make, Watch, Sip, Listen.

Tis the season: Make, Watch, Sip, Listen

I was originally going to write a post with all of the Christmas movies available to watch on Netflix, but when I logged on to look, I saw that Netflix already has them all in one section! Convenient!

So instead of a list of movies you can watch on demand, here's my suggestion of how you should spend your weekend: Making and sipping and watching and listening. Tis the season, after all.

M A K E : Gift tags for your Christmas presents! This can be as simple as writing some Christmas carol lyrics on an index card or printing off and cutting out some pre made tags, or as complicated as going to Joann's and buying stamps and fake snow to add to your tags. Either way, it adds a festive touch to the boxes under your tree!

W A T C H : Any of the Christmas movies on Netflix! Just browse the holiday section...there are classics (White Christmas), Comedies, (Christmas With the Kranks), and an endless supply of cheesy, Hallmark-esque movies.

S I P : Mulled wine! This recipe looks absolutely delicious. Now, if you happen to be housing a tiny human like I am this holiday season, sip on some hot chocolate instead. This recipe for white peppermint hot chocolate looks divine.

L I S T E N : To Christmas music, no matter what you're doing! Pretty much everyone has a Christmas album these days, but you just can't beat Harry Connick Jr. when it comes to classic Christmas music. Be still, my heart.

Realistically, we all most likely have things to get done this weekend that may have nothing to do with celebrating Christmas, but that doesn't mean your weekend can't be celebratory! Sip hot chocolate while you run errands, play Christmas music while you clean the house...no matter what your plans are this weekend, I hope you find a way to make it festive! It's December, after all...time to celebrate the best holiday of all!

How will you be celebrating this weekend?

24 comments:

  1. I really wish I had made special gift tags...but maybe next year, I did step my wrapping game up! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about making gift tags this year! But I'm also fairly sure I have a ton of them hidden somewhere, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We still haven't watched any Christmas movies this year, and it makes me so sad! I'm hoping that we'll have a chance to watch a lot of them this weekend! And Christmas music all the time is a must! I have it playing in my office all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas with The Kranks has bceome one of my favorites. Love Tim Allen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for visiting my blog, your blog design is so so pretty!! I LOVE it!!
    Love your Christmas-y suggestions!! I can't wait to watch me some holiday movies!! I'm also ashamed to admit I've never had mulled wine... lots of regular wine though lol

    Confessions of a Frumpy Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That hot chocolate recipe looks delish! I love all the Christmas stuff right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love sipping hot chocolate this time of year and adding the liquor is just a bonus sometimes if I know I'm staying in! I didn't know Netflix had a whole section, totally checking that out when I have some downtime!! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This all sounds so lovely! I've been blasting Christmas music every day!:) I'm taking two of my godchildren ice skating in the park and to a Christmas play, then we are heading to grandma and grandpas for the weekend to make leftsa! Enjoy your weekend! I have to look up that mulled wine recipe I've been wanting to make that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm planning to work on the nursery this weekend, but while listening to Christmas music too, of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't want to do anything non-Christmas related this weekend! I will be finishing up wrapping presets and adding in my handmade tags!

    Now on to drinking some of that delicious sounding mulled wine...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved mulled wine I just might make some this weekend! I will for sure be listening to Christmas music when i bake tonight and watch Xmas movies when I wrap the last of my presents. Ho Ho Ho!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Somehow I've never had mulled wine... plenty of other wine, though. ;) I'll drink some for you this year! I can't fathom that Christmas is 2 weeks away! Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum, I love mulled wine! We have a German Christmas market here called Christkindlmarket, and I love getting mulled wine there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i NEED to make the white chocolate mocha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this! Yesssss to all the Christmas movies, Christmas music, and of course mulled wine.

    Happy Friday <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just checked out Netflix's holiday section...they are looking a little skimpy this year haha. But I guess holiday movies can be cheesy by nature :).

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I need the mulled wine and hot chocolate this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been binge watching ABC Family Christmas movies lately. Christmas with the Kranks, a must see! Something fun to add to your hot chocolate this year are the chocolate sticks with marshmallows. They come in a of 6 at JCPenny and you let it sit in your coffee or hot drink, and as it melts, the marshmallows and chocolate mix in with your drink. So delicious!

    Kaitlyn-danielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. We are watching the Santa Clause right now and drinking cocoa. I love holiday movies. It feels weird that the temp is 70 degrees and our windows are open... but I'm not complaining. Winter will show up soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Christmas tags are on my to-do list! I usually print mine out on the computer and I really like your idea of adding Christmas lyrics!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Um yes that white peppermint hot chocolate does look amazing, i can't wait to try it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this! I pretty much have Christmas music on 24/7 right now lol! Tis the season :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Harry Connick Jr. is the best. I love his music! And I"m going to have to take a look at that mulled wine recipe... and the hot chocolate one. That sounds really good even if you're not housing a tiny human. :)

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.