Image Map

Monday, April 13, 2015

23: Magic & Dreams & Good Madness.


My birthday is tomorrow (yaaay!) and as always, I'm re-reading my favorite Neil Gaiman quote and hoping for a year full of all of these things.

This year, I hope to love more deeply and in every situation. I hope that above any other emotion or action, love is my first instinct.

I hope that my days are filled with magic and dreams because I choose for them to be. Not because I sit around and wait for things to happen, but because I get up, get to work, and make my own magic.

I hope that good madness comes around every now and then, because really--life is much too short to be boring. I hope to spend just enough time lost in books, and too much time kissing Chris, who, for some reason or another, actually does think I'm wonderful.

I hope this year is filled to the brim with art. With writing words and words and more words. I hope that this is the year my words start to pay the bills, but even if it's not, I hope that my year is filled with them just the same.

I hope to live every day in such a way that if everything came to a screeching halt and my life ended, that everyone who knew me would say, she sure got everything she could out of life. She used it for all it was worth. 

Here's to 23: To magic and dreams and good madness.

27 comments:

  1. YAY for birthday weeks!!! My birthday is this Friday and I'm fully planning on celebrating all week long. :) :) Love the quote!
    xox
    giedre

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just turned 23 on the 2nd and so far, 23 is pretty awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww love this post, lady!! Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful words! Hope you have a wonderful birthday :)

    Sophie Cliff

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy early Birthday! I hope you have another great year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy almost birthday - you are beatiful inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, sweet friend. May this be the best year yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh happy almost birthday!! that is such a solid life mantra right there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy almost birthday! I just love the part of the quote that says "I hope somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself." :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, not to sound like one of THOSE people, but I always forget how young you are! (Can I SOUND any older?) 23... oh gosh. Excuse me while I go cry now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful birthday wishes. Happy (early) birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Early Birthday!! I love your picture quotes, they uplift my days! Wish you all the best

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope your year is filled with all of these wonderful bits of life and so much more. I know I only know you through blogging but I can tell that you are a genuinely beautiful person and you deserve the most lovely experiences life has to offer. Happy early birthday beautiful girl! You better be celebrating tomorrow (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have the most wonderful day tomorrow, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy early birthday!! Hope the day and years brings a little bit of magic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday Eve to the one & only - Chelsea Hannah Jacobs - my beautiful Granddaughter who is intelligent, creative, lovely, hard-working, adorable, amazing, brilliant, kind-hearted, precious, classy, down-to-earth, fun-loving, easy-going, blessed (& many, many more adjectives to describe you!). I love you & all of your posts! They are so beneficial to me. I hope you have the best birthday ever tomorrow & the best year yet. Love you! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy early Birthday Chelsea! I love this quote, it's such a good reminder to live a full life. I hope 23 brings you all of the above :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. hoooray! happy birthday eve! love all the things you have in store for your next trip around the sun...it inspired me to get up and kiss my husband because that should happen more:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday, sweet friend! I know 23 will be your best year yet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that quote by that beautiful man :) I hope your b-day is great and all that you wish it to be!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday my love!!! May this year be filled with magic for you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hooray for birthdays! I hope you have an amazing one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh happy birthday! I hope it was a great one!

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.