Image Map

Friday, March 18, 2016

We Made It.


Today is going to be wonderful. Or awful. Or maybe both, I'm not sure.

At 12:00 today, Christopher is going to open an envelope, and inside that envelope will be the name of the hospital that has hired him for his first job as a doctor. The name of our new city.

So what city is on the inside of the envelope?

We. Have. No. Idea.

As much as we've spent this week talking and thinking and guessing, we just don't know.

But here's what I do know.

I know that today is a huge accomplishment. It is an honor. One that has been four years (more, really!) in the making.

I know that Chris is the most hardworking person I know, and today is the day he gets to see that pay off.

I know that when I met him 8 years ago, he talked about wanting to be a surgeon, and he hasn't stopped talking about it since. Today is truly a dream come true for him.



I know that for me, the worst case scenario today is that the envelope holds the name of a city where I don't want to live. And even in that scenario, I get to move there with the love of my life, our precious little babe, and our fox. We'll all start an adventure somewhere new where Chris will be working a job he absolutely loves. If that's the worst that could happen, then man, my life is good.

As we head off to this intense NFL draft of medicine, I'm so anxious, so excited, so nervous, so ready, and a million other emotions. But my heart is bursting with pride.

I'm so proud of Chris. I'm so proud that he's getting to see his dream come true today.

I'm so proud of us. I'm proud that we've pressed through the hard times (because med school is hard) and lived every moment of the good times. I'm so proud that we've stuck together through it all.

I can't believe that today is here. That we finally made it today.

We made it. 

So, yeah. Today is going to be wonderful. 

Christopher, 

Congratulations on making it this far. I can't wait to spend all my years laughing with you, no matter where that may be. 

Home is wherever I'm with you. xo

38 comments:

  1. Yes yes yes! Congratulations and good luck and wherever you end up with will be amazing! Can't wait to hear the results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear where y'all are heading next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see where y'all are going! Fingers are still crossed that it's a city where you really want to be :) Good luck & congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY, you made it! GOOOOOOOD LUCK LUCK LUCK! Can't wait to hear where your next adventure will beeeeeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking of you guys all week! I really hope it's a city that you all will love. Can't wait to hear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful words. Today is such an accomplishment for both of you- he is so lucky to have such a wonderful wife supporting him through every step. Congratulations!! Enjoy every moment of today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I am so excited! I hope you post RIGHT AWAY when you find out!!! I'm dying to know. I feel so personally invested in this. Hahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeeek!!! I'm so excited for you! Tweet, post, send out a carrier pigeon--I can't wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY!! Can't wait to find out with you guys! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. can't wait to hear how it goes! fingers crossed for a great city! (and if you happen to end up in the twin cities...i'll be here as a new friend)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thinking of you guys!!! So excited for this new chapter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. GAH and now we have to wait until Monday to find out?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying for wonderful news and no matter what - it's all part of God's plan. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!! I'm so excited to hear where you guys will be next!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So exciting and scary at the same time!!!! You have every right to be so proud of your hubby, what an accomplishment! I can't wait to see where you guys are headed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck with everything! Thinking of you guys today xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay!!! So exciting!! Can't wait to hear where you're headed!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. So excited for you two! It's so true-no matter how hard it gets, it's so amazing to watch my husband do a job he loves (though I will see that more next year since we have a required prelim year as part of rads). Before Match Day, I bought a sign for our house that says "Wherever we're together is where we call home, and it makes my heart happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations to you both on this big day! Can't wait to here where you guys are headed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay. I can't wait to hear where you are moving to. Congrats to Christopher on his big day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You two are such a hardworking, passionate couple! Wherever the two of you are I know you will succeed! I am freaking out for you, I can't even imagine how your stomach must be doing cartwheels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. ahhh this is so exciting and terrifying! what an amazing accomplishment, and i can't wait to see where you all end up.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gah, I can't wait to hear! You will all do awesome no matter where you are, I promise! I've moved a ton of times with my husband and kids and learn that as long as I have them, I am content no matter where we live;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. the suspense is killing me!! Haha. Congrats to Christopher :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm so excited for you all!! I can tell how proud you are, and damn that is sweet! Can't wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How exciting! Good luck & congratulations to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  27. BEEN THINKING OF YOU ALL DAY!! Congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  28. CONGRATS on making it to this huge exciting day! Can't wait to hear where you guys are off to next *hugs* <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  29. Woot woot! Can't wait to find out where you're going.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wahoo!!! Exciting day!!! Can't wait to see where you're headed - and praying that you are all excited by the location!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm belated, but many congratulations to Chris! I may or may not have regularly checked your social media on Friday to see where you're headed. I hope you guys celebrated lots this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So exciting!! Can't wait to hear where the big move will be to!

    ReplyDelete
  33. YAY!!! So happy for you guys!! I wish you all the best as you begin this new chapter in your lives <33

    Blessings,
    Edye // Gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I can't wait to hear where you'll be off to!

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.