Image Map

Monday, August 31, 2015

Goodbye August, Hello September.


Goodbye, August. 

Goodbye to the lazy feeling of the days of summer.

Goodbye to coconut scented everything.

Goodbye to putting off cleaning and organizing and blaming it on summer.

Goodbye to the best peaches and watermelon of the year.

Goodbye to my last summer of not having a babe around.

Goodbye to wasting too much time worrying about the future and uncertainty.

Hello, September. 

Hello to curling up with a pumpkin spice coffee every morning.

Hello to burgundy reds and mustard yellows and burnt oranges and all the delicious colors of fall.

Hello to filling my tiny apartment to the brim with pumpkins and scarecrows and owls.

Hello to wanting to bake something every single day.

Hello to boots and cardigans that it's entirely too hot to wear, but I just won't be able to help myself.

Hello to a season of coziness, filled with excitement and hope and the scent of pumpkin.

Hello to turning residency applications in. (!!!!!!)

Hello to a brand new season.

Hello, fall.

15 comments:

  1. Yay for turning in residency applications and wanting to bake every day! I have no idea how August went by in the blink of an eye, but I'm trying to savor these last few weeks of summer. I can't wait to get into fall activities in a few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cannot wait for September!! FALLLLLL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Fall is one of my favorite times of year and I can't wait:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This summer flew but it was a great one for us. I love fall and will welcome it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for Fall & cooler temps, I did have an awesome summer that I'm sad to see go though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this!! and YAY fall- my favorite of all! great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited about all the fall colors and clothes! Yay for turning in residency applications in September! So so exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so ready to not sweat anymore, I am so over the heat. I love the colors of Fall too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fall is my very favorite, though summer (as usual) seemed to slip by in the blink of an eye. Bring on the pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray for September. I hope it brings only good things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just the thought of a pumpkin spiced latte is making me all excited!!

    xoxo Lex // LexMeetsWorld

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so excited for fall! I pulled out the few fall decorations that I have, but I definitely think I need to pick up some new ones this year. :)

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.