Image Map

Friday, August 7, 2015

It's A.....


First of all, let's just take a moment to talk about how hard it is to be home alone with the test results in an envelope for NINE HOURS and not even peek. I deserve a medal, but I will settle for ice cream. 

I spent all day trying to figure out if I knew what the baby was. From the beginning, I've felt like it was a boy, but at the same time, I have no idea what either "feels" like. Plus. I was so sure that it's a boy, that it made me think that meant it was going to be a girl. I'm weird, I know. 

Anyway, the second Chris got home he was bombarded with demands of opening the envelope immediately. He said he needed a glass of water first, I said this was no time to think of silly things like hydration. 

Sometimes you're just too excited to look at the camera, am I right? 


Little baby Jacobs is a BOY! Chris and I are both beyond thrilled, and it's so exciting to finally be able to call him him and he and think about him in terms of an actual person--and, of course, the types of clothes I will buy him and what his nursery will look like. 

My adventure loving heart is so excited to add a little boy to the tribe. Bring on the messy and exploring and learning things that I have zero idea about. Life is good.

38 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You were right! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww, so exciting! Congratulations! Your maternal instincts knew! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! How exciting!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Such exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!!!!!! So excited!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!!! Awesome news. Well, either way it would've been awesome news. But you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooooo exciting!! Let the nursery planning and clothes buying commence :) He will be so loved! And you might deserve ice cream every night for the rest of the month for waiting like that. Wait, I know - ice cream one night, Chic-fil-A the next. And just keep alternating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!!! So excited for what you will name the little prince!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats! boys are so much fun! we have 2 nephews & i love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woohoo!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Congratulations!! Also, kudos on that willpower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eek! So exciting! You have serious willpower, we had to take our envelope to our neighbors house for safe keeping...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on a boy! I remember reading your post and thinking I would not have been able to handle the envelope just sitting there. I would be the person that would stare at it and drive myself nuts - I would've had to take a 9 hour nap or leave the house so I couldn't be tempted. You have some like jedi willpower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting! Can't wait to follow along on your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! So excited for you! I'm so excited to have a little girl this time around, but I don't know what I would do without my son! He's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  16. CONGRATS gurlie! You definitely deserve and medal AND ice cream! So exciting <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your sweet baby BOY! Baby shopping is so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay! Congratulations!!! Your little boy is going to be so lucky to have you as his mom! (:

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw so exciting! You will have so much fun with a boy! Congrats on not peeking- enjoy that ice cream! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww, congratulations on a sweet baby boy! So impressed that you didn't peek! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So fun! I love how you kept us guessing with different colors and pictures in this post :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness, I'm so stinkin' excited for you!!!!! And holy cow, 9 hours and you didn't peek. You deserve a medal AND ice cream. :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats! :)

    www.thesparklingdarling.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats!! That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations! That is so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. ahhhh!!!!!!! SOOOOO happy for you guys!!! (I always dreamed of my first babe being a boy.. we'll see!) Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love that from the beginning you felt it was a boy... That's a mothers intuition for ya!

    Kristen @ Your Beauty Fix

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations!! So excited for the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I can imagine being able to replace it with a personal pronoun being really special. I don't know how people wait to be surprised at the birth!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your maternal instinct is kicking in already! So very excited for you and this journey of motherhood. Congratulations on finding out that your sweet baby is a BOY , XO!

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.