Image Map

Friday, October 23, 2015

A Love Letter to Fall.

the best things about fall

I fall in love with different things about different seasons. I love that each season has big, defining things that everyone recognizes, and also little things that just make it perfect, even if it's just perfect to me.

Right now, I'm having a big love affair with fall. It happens every year-why shouldn't it? For a season, everything is just about as perfect as it can get.

I'm in love with how alive everything makes me feel in the fall. The colors, the smells, the sounds. They're all so extremely alive. When I see all the fall colors of the decorations around my apartment, I feel like magic is real. When I smell pumpkin coffee, I want to wake up and enjoy the day. When I listen to the Autumn in New York station, I want to chase every dream I've ever had. Fall just makes me want to celebrate being alive.

I'm in love with the pumpkin and apple flavors that overtake everything this time of year.

I'm in love with the tiniest chill that starts to visit with the wind and makes me feel like I could stay outside, dreaming all day long.

I'm in love with the soups and the hot drinks and the baked desserts.

I'm in love with the glow of the candy corn lights hanging in my kitchen. With the smell of the seven different varieties of pumpkin-scented candles that make my tiny little apartment seem so cozy. With the fact that no matter where I am in my apartment, there's a pumpkin in sight.

Fall, I'm in love with you. There's so much to look forward to and be thinking about, but today, I'm just going to be overwhelmingly in love with fall.

What parts of fall do you love?

15 comments:

  1. ahh i love this!! and now i think i need a hot cup of something after reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the changing of the leaves - it's so beautiful! And I love it when we actually get a fall haha ... sometimes Wisconsin is just Summmmmmmmmer -> Winter. :) This year we've actually had the wonderful crisp weather and I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm in love with how alive everything makes me feel in the fall." <<<you summed up all my feelings about fall right there!! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love fall! Love everything you mentioned. Snuggled under a quilt right now doing some blogging with the windows wide open...and the furnace kicked on! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love everything about this. You have such a wonderful way with words and all the feels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cool weather is definitely a favorite, especially after North Carolina summers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes to all the warm soups and chilis and amazing smells!

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just need it to cool down a liiiiittle more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love fall too, the changing leaves seem so magical every year...they never become "normal" to me, I'm consistently in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how crisp the air is! It makes you feel like you're alive. I also love it because my birthday is in the fall :]

    ​​xx katie // A Touch of Teal

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't really add anything to your list because you said it all! If I had to pick my top two things, it's the changing leaves and the slight chill in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love fall too! It's just so cozy and I always think of fall as a time for a fresh start. And then there's the pumpkin pie!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love everything about Fall including the leaves changing colors, the crispness in the air enough for sweaters, apple picking and Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love fall! I wish we felt a little more of it weather-wise in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  15. "I'm in love with how alive everything makes me feel in the fall. The colors, the smells, the sounds. They're all so extremely alive." <-- THIS! Yes!!

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.