Image Map

Thursday, October 8, 2015

26 Weeks: Things I Want to Remember.

Just a fun little story for you: I took this picture at work to send to Chris, and somehow (Thanks, Apple TV), it got broadcast on the office flat screens during a staff meeting. Casual. 

Twenty. Six. Freaking. Weeks. How? When? How? Why? HOW? <- This is pretty much what plays on a loop in my brain currently. Let's just say I am very thankful for moments spent with pumpkin scented candles and cups of fall tea. Because if you think you're an anxious person, just try throwing being pregnant in there. It's a party, that's for sure. 
  • At my doctor's appointment, it took her a bit to find the baby's heartbeat because he was kicking the heartbeat monitor. He did not want his heartbeat listened to, thank you very much. She asked if he gets his feistiness from me, and I told her it may be a possibility. 
  • The doctor gave me a list of things I have to do this month...things like take a prenatal class, pick out a carseat, find a pediatrician...all things that seem very end stage to me. It made me start to panic, and I immediately got in my car and told the baby he needs to stay put, please and thank you.
  • At the same appointment, I got a teddy bear with the recording of his heartbeat inside. I swoon. 
  • I went to Trader Joe's (because of the baby, duh) to stock up on pumpkin goodness, and I said something about blaming all my purchases on being pregnant to the cashier. He replied that he would have never known I was pregnant had I not said anything. Then, I stepped away from the counter to get my groceries, and he said, "WHOA, okay, yeah, I can definitely tell." Thank you, kind stranger. Thank you.
26 weeks down, 14(ish) weeks to go. I know these 14 weeks are going to be gone before I know it, and I'm savoring every single day.

19 comments:

  1. A teddy with the heartbeat? That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable! I love that you got a teddy bear with his heartbeat. How sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If a picture of me would've appeared on a screen in a staff meeting, I would've DIED. Hilarious. I remember that pregnancy anxiety so well. I don't miss it at all. Pumpkin candles definitely help with that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A teddy bear with the heartbeat?! That's amazing! I want your doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just received our first gift off the registry--the pack n play! I called my husband and he was like, "this is getting so real!" She also seem to kick more everyday, and I love that weird little feeling so much! BTW, you look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to laugh, but your picture ending up on the work screen made me laugh. Good luck with all your classes and getting everything done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so cute- and I had to laugh too. HOW in the world did that photo get on the work TVs?! Oh my goodness haha! How awesome that you have the heartbeat in a lil teddy bear ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. UGH, I HATE when well meaning doctors try to panic you with info! You have time before you do all that stuff, I promise you. Also, it is pretty hilarious your pic got broadcasted at the office, in a highly embarrassing yet life is damn funny kind of way;) You look AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's the cutest baby bump picture ever! Also, the cutest story! I do the same things with technology :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can we talk about how awesome you look, and how much I'm loving that dress belted with a pop of color? And LOL at your bathroom selfie going public at work - too funny :)

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are adorable!!! Pregnant women everywhere are envious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so cute! So funny your selfie showed up on the screens at work! The teddy bear with the baby's heartbeat is so precious-so sweet your doctor did that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my goodness, teddybear with his heartbeat?! the best. that's so sweet. and what the heck, appleTV?! #awkward #atleastyouaresupercute

    ReplyDelete
  14. At least that's not the worst pic that could have played at work XD. That's too funny. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are stinking adorable! And a bear with the heartbeat? I would die of tears right then and there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute little bump :) And I love love love the idea for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you look lovely! your plus a bump is adorable <3 and yum - i love trader joes in fall! so many yummy treats.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally giggled at the end of the Trader Joe's story. And the work story... at least it's a cute picture! [Also, when I read that you took the picture at work I became totally jealous of your work bathroom. I share mine with a bunch of preschoolers, so every time I head toward the bathroom I see a group of preschoolers coming around the corner. :)]

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha that's great you got broadcast at your husband's work. Good thing you look adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.