Image Map

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

NaNoWriMo 2015...Are You In?

Should I participate in NaNoWriMo

This is my yearly post in which I beg encourage everyone to please participate in NaNoWriMo. Don't let the numbers or the deadline scare you, just jump in and do it! 

If it seems like it's too much for you to even try, just tweak it for yourself and your schedule. I'm all about breaking the rules this year.  I started my NaNoWriMo 2015 on October 1st, and I now have a little over 10,000 words written. Is it as much as I wanted to have done? No. But is it 10,000 more words than I would have otherwise? Absolutely. Challenges like this one do exactly that: Challenge you. Which, in turn, usually ends up with you doing better than you would have done without it. 

If you're thinking about writing along (PLEASE DO) here are a few things to get you started: 




If you're thinking about participating in NaNoWriMo, I want to encourage you to do it. If you're thinking about writing anything at all, I want to tell you that you can do it. If you're pondering chasing any type of dream whatsoever, and an opportunity or a step in the right direction comes along, I want to cheer for you: TAKE IT!

What do you have to lose by trying? You can do it, I promise. Just try. Hole yourself up in a coffee shop and let magic pour out onto your keyboard. Wake up a few minutes early and scribble some magic down in your journal. Stretch yourself. There is magic inside of you, and this could be exactly what you need to release it. So just jump in. 

Have you ever participate in NaNoWriMo before?

15 comments:

  1. I have never participated before although I've had a register NaNoWriMo account for years. I've decided this is the year I'm going to do it, I've been doing some prep and brainstorming this month so I don't waste precious days next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done NABLOG everyday, but never write. Intriguing idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NaNoWriMo is amazing! It's how I wrote the first half of the first draft of Aureole, my first novel. I encourage everyone to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This year's not gonna happen (new baby and all), but I've always been intrigued and hope to do it next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've attempted NaNo once or twice years ago but am committing to it seriously this year! 50K will just about finish my current WIP that I am in love with all over again! My end goal to *finish* it is December or January, 1yr after I began it. 50K plus it's current 20K will get it *that close* to The End that I am so psyched to write and tie up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this, but it sounds awesome! You've got this gurlie <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to do this. November is going to be absolutely insane because we are getting ready to move from Hawaii to Connecticut, but I feel like there is always something going on in life that will hold me back if I let it. I'm going to seriously consider it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES I cannot wait for NaNoWriMo!! I will definitely be looking at some of your tips - keep me updated on how you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to so, so bad this year! Last year I attempted and I literally don't think I ended up with anything in my word document. Do you tend to start something totally new for the month or work on something you've already started?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have, but I always fail! This year though, I feel completely committed. I really hope I can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to! But I don't know if this is the year for me. Good luck!

    ​​xx katie // A Touch of Teal

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. good for you on getting a head start!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for all the words of encouragement and support. since I am not a native speaker this challenge would/will be extra motivating/hard/challenging for me, but I don`t care. I have been considering one topic and starting to write a story/novel for past few weeks, I had a vision/dream, there were names of lead characters... so.. one would think that there is no better time than now to start what my muse has nudged me to write.

    All your tips for successful NaNoWriMo are much apreciated and bookmarked.

    Regards,
    Goa

    www.goa-way.eu

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your encouragement and motivation! I need to get off my buns and participate. :)

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.