Image Map

Monday, October 26, 2015

Last-Minute Costume Ideas: DIY Edition.

last minute halloween costumes

We've all been there. "There" being the place where it's the week before (or the day before!) Halloween, and you have no costume. This usually happens because 1) You procrastinated and never quite made it to Party City, or 2) You were not going to go out. You're an adult and you have better things to do than dress up and go to a party. But then, you realize you don't have anything better to do, and you don't want to be old and boring, so you're going. But what about that costume? 

Don't worry, I've got you.

Mary Poppins. This is perfect, because you've probably got almost all of these things laying around your house anyway. Black skirt? White shirt? Umbrella? Oversized bag? You may have to run to the store to pick up a thing or two to perfect your costume, but this one is way easy.


Pineapple. I love this one because you could go as exaggerated as the picture above, or you could make a tiny little headpiece, making this appropriate for a fancier party. Bonus: Don't have a yellow dress? Wear a red one. Boom, you're a strawberry.


Your favorite emoji. The link above has 10 easy DIY costumes, so pick the emoji you use the most and go with it!


PiƱata. How cute is this? Just swing by Wal-Mart (or even the dollar store!) and pick up some streamers, and you're set! 


Audrey Hepburn. Because honestly, when are you going to get to dress this classy ever again?


Gum-ball Machine. This one will take a little bit more DIY-ing and a lot more pompoms on your part, but how adorable is it?! And so pretty and colorful, but still easy to pull off at the last minute. This one's a winner for sure.

Didn't find what you're looking for? Check out last year's suggestions.

17 comments:

  1. Okay, this is fantastic. I am the WORST at coming up with easy, yet creative costumes. That pineapple?! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One year I will be my favorite emoji, which happens to be the dancing twins! I LOVE them...haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great inspirations, lady! Love all of them. The pinata one is probably my favorite but that pineapple idea is so trendy I might have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha- I LOVE the emoji ideas- so funny!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to be Holly Golightly and more recently an emoji!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a similar post up today... great minds think alike! Love the Audrey one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all so cute-- the dancing emojis are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Audrey Hepburn is always one I've wanted to do!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ideas...the pineapple and mary poppins are so cute!

    Melissa | So About What I Said

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome ideas! Especially loving the emojis and the pineapple <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! I still haven't come up with anything. I love the emoji costumes!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love them! I was going to be a pinata, but then we didn't really have any plans to go out anywhere, so instead I just made a costume I can wear to work! Last year I did the bubblegum machine at work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love all of these ideas! i especially love the pineapple :) it's adorable, but simple! happy (almost) halloween!!!

    xo, megan
    diary of this girl

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are killer cute! Oh my gosh, the dancing emojis - hilarious! I've definitely pulled a Holly Golightly. And the pineapple - so easy!! Such great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all adorable! I think we might just take my niece trick-or-treating so I will probably be like her and dress as a cat! I love the gumball machine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha those emojis are so funny. i'm pretty much here right now... trying to think up something last minute!

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.